Diagnostic lab work is an integral part of our hospital. It is frequently utilized both to help diagnose sick pets and to screen healthy pets for common conditions.
In House Lab
We have the ability to perform a variety of lab tests in our hospital to provide us with immediate results.
- Checking for intestinal parasites
- Diagnosis of lumps
- Blood tests to assess organ function and look for infection
- Determine appropriate medication for ear infections
- Testing for heartworms
- Testing for tick borne diseases such as Ehrlichia, Lyme Disease, and Anaplasmosis
- Testing for Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV)
We also work with a large veterinary laboratory that has an extensive selection of diagnostic tests to choose from. In most cases results are back within 24 hours.
Board Certified Veterinarians (who are specialists in their field) are also available to provide expert consultations to our doctors for more unusual cases.