YOU’RE GOING TO WANT TO WORK HERE!
PRIVATE PRACTICE WITH PROGRESSIVE MEDICAL CARE, EXCELLENT COMMUNITY REPUTATION, GREAT TEAM SPIRIT, AND POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
WATCH OUR PRACTICE VIDEO
Four Paws Animal Hospital & Wellness Center is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) for approximately 35-37 hours weekly. Must be available afternoons/evenings (no later than 7pm) and two Saturday mornings per month. Candidates must be mature and responsible, have strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work well with others. We value and practice quality patient care and are proactive in client education. We continually work hard to maintain a positive work environment, and our staff works well together as a result. We love coming to work every day!
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, health insurance, IRA plan with company matching, pet wellness plans, and pet care discounts. We are seeking candidates interested in long-term employment.
Job Qualifications and Requirements Include (but are not limited to):
- Graduate from an accredited Veterinary Technician Program
- Licensed in the state of Virginia
- 1-year minimum experience as an LVT
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time
- Ability to manipulate up to 40lbs
- Proficient in technical skills, such as:
- Patient restraint, IV catheter placement, in-house lab processing (CBC/Chem, U/A, fecal, and cytology)
- Surgical preparation, surgery, and doctor assistance
- Proficient in all aspects of anesthesia: induction, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery
- Dentistry: Ultrasonic cleaning and polishing
- Radiology: patient positioning, calculating appropriate settings for each patient using digital radiograph
Salary is a minimum of $17/hour plus benefits
Visit our website at www.fourpaws.vet to learn more about us and print off an application. Mail to 10088 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA 22407 Attn: Stephanie, or fax to (540) 898-4200 or email your application to Stephanie along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org